Culture & Diversity
CGI believes in innovation and integrity – qualities we look for in both our staff and projects. We welcome each of our employees as part of the family, after all it was family that started this company back in 1971. Since then, we continue to nurture a sense of community and pride when it comes to our work. We strive to create an environment where all of our employees look forward to coming to work each day and know that they are a valued member of the team. With the right support and commitment, we are invested in helping you to succeed in your future at CGI.
We are committed to diversity and to building a work force that reflects this. Everyone we employ brings their own set of personal and professional skills to the table, creating a great opportunity to learn from each other. By listening and appreciating different perspectives, we can continue to grow as individuals both inside and outside of the workplace.
Join the Team
CGI is proud of the fact that we continue to expand and promote a work environment that encourages leadership and opportunity. We provide on-the-job, personal training and certification opportunities in a welcoming environment. If you don't see a position that fits your qualifications, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and let us know where you envision yourself in the company. We look forward to hearing from you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you make the glass?
No. We purchase customized glass from a variety of vendors across North America.
Is CGI strictly manufacturing?
CGI is actually more than just a manufacturing facility. We manage the entire project in-house from conception to completion. Our departments include:
- Virtual Design
- Project Management
- Quality Control
- Human Resources
What qualifications do you look for to work in the plant?
We look for a minimum of a high school diploma and a strong work ethic.
Do you offer continuing education incentives?
Yes. After your probationary period is up, we will cover either the cost or time based on the value to the company and the individual.
Where are your offices located?
Our head office and manufacturing facilities are located in Windsor, Ontario and our west office is located in Calgary, Alberta. We are also continuing to expand our presence in the United States.
Where are your projects located?
From California to Mississippi and from Nova Scotia to Calgary, we continue to work on projects throughout the U.S. and Canada. Some of the most notable projects we have worked on are:
- Calgary International Airport - Calgary, AB
- The Halifax Central Library - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Humber Regional Hospital - Toronto, ON
- University of Chicago New Residence Hall - Chicago, IL
- UCLA Pauley Pavilion - Los Angeles, CA
- C.S. Mott Children's Hospital - Ann Arbor, MI
- St. John Providence Park Hospital - Novi, MI
Do you have shift work?
There is no swing shift at CGI, so we work steady days.
What Does CGI do?
To put it simply - we fabricate unitized curtain wall systems.
What is a curtain wall?
A curtain wall is a non-structurally supporting wall that separates the interior of the building from the exterior. CGI fabricates unitized systems, designed with aluminium frames and infilled with glass, metal, louvres, operable windows or vents.
What does a curtain wall do?
The curtain wall impacts the building in the following ways:
- Thermal performance. This controls heat loss and heat gain within the building.
- Moisture protection. The curtain wall is critical to preventing leakage and energy loss.
- Daylighting. Daylighting is a LEED requirement and controls the amount of light that comes into the building.
- Aesthetics. Curtain walls contribute the aesthetics of a building by creating a clean, modern look envisioned by the architects.
- Acoustics. The acoustics of a building is determined by how sound waves travel through glass. This would be critical in such instances such as airports.